Parody: Sinful Life's a Prison

to Folsom Prison Blues
E
I hear the kingdom’s coming it's coming round the bend
                                                                   E7                    
This world ain't seen the sunshine since I don't know when
   A                                                              E                    
This sinful life’s a prison and time keeps draggin' on
           B7                                              E
But God’s reign keeps rollin' on out from the throne
---
When I was just a baby my mama told me Son
                                                        E7
Always be a good boy you’re one of God’s sons
     A                                                 E
But you’re not a man bambino if you live a lie
        B7                                                           E
When I hear that sin is growing I hang my head and cry
---
I bet there's rich folks eating in a fancy dining car
                                                               E7
They're probably drinking coffee and smoking big cigars
     A                                                   E    
But I know they have it coming I know they can't be free
    B7                                                                   E
While they look so disapproving at folks in poverty
---
Well if they knew the Lord had risen  if they lived the life divine
                                                             E7
I bet they'd move on over a little farther down the line
   A                                                       E                              
Far from selfish living that's where I want to stay
         B7                                                   E
And I'd bet that Jesus’ Gospel blows the blues away