He Only Took a Dollar Salary

CEO Pay and
Shareholder Value
He only took a dollar salary that year
With that you could not even buy a glass of beer
What an amazing man the company's got to steer
Such sacrifice and honor that's beyond a peer

When billionaires think they deserve to profiteer
And pay the rest barely enough that's crystal clear
But not our CEO he took a buck this year
It helps us when we wonder why things are austere

House of Cards:
A Tale of Hubris and
Wretched Excess
on Wall Street
Oh what a minute it's all just been a veneer
They paid him a quarter billion dollars last year
They say he is a savior and that we should cheer
Now we're in deeper trouble and it's so severe

So I'll offer any company around here
Pay me a quarter billion just in my first year
I work for free for ten more years and I'm sincere
Please don't think I'll just be a legal racketeer