Parody: Lucille

to the tune of Lucille 3/4 time
G
In a church in Toledo across from the depot
                                                      D7
She knelt down and she toyed with her ring
  Am                                 D7
I thought I’d get closer so I walked on over
 Am                D7           G
I sat down and asked her name
---

When she finished her prayer she said I’m no quitter
                       G7        C
But I finally quit living in sin
     D7
I’m hungry for laughter and here ever after
                                             G
I’m after whatever the other life brings

---
In the church door I saw him and I closely watched him
                                            D7
I thought how he looked out of place
     Am                              D7
He came to the woman who sat there beside me
    Am                 D7            G
He had a strange look on his face

---
His big hands were calloused he looked like a mountain
                    G7                 C
For a minute I thought I was dead
     D7
But he started shaking his big heart was breaking
                                        G
He turned to the woman and said

chorus
                                                  G
You picked a fine time for prayer Lucille
                                                     G
Four hungry children and a crop in the field
C
We’ve had some bad times lived through some sad times
                                          G
But this time we need God to heal
                  D7                            C
You picked a fine time for prayer Lucille

---
After he joined us I thanked God for mercy
                                                 D7
And thought how our sins make us small
      Am                                           D7
But light from God’s throne room came to an empty tomb
                                      G
He’s there to help when we fall
---

There God set her free right when she made her plea
                        G7                C
At first I thought she’d lost her mind
D7
The man prayed with her, then Sundays thereafter
                                        G
Kept coming back time after time

repeat chorus