Love

If I could speak all the world's tongues
Speak thunder like angelic ones
But didn’t love others at all
I'm a gong or cymbal's brash call

If I've the gift of prophecy
And understood God’s mystery
And possessed all knowledge and such
Faith that I could make mountains budge

But without love, I am nothing
If I gave the poor everything
And I let my body be burned
Without love, I have nothing earned

Love is patient and love is kind
Not jealous or boastful in mind
Not proud, rude, demanding its way
Not easily angered I say

And it keeps no record of wrongs
Doesn't rejoice in evil's throngs
But rejoices when the truth wins
For love bears and believes all things

Love won't end, but prophecies will
Tongues and knowledge will become nil
We know and prophesy in part
But on completion, they'll depart

As a child I spoke just like one
Thoughts and reason had just begun
When grew up I put away
Childish things of the childish way

Now we see things imperfectly
Like a mirror reflectively
But then we'll see with clarity
What I know now is partially

It's not complete, but then I'll know
All things as God knows us below
Three things will last - faith, hope, and love
Greatest of these is love thereof

1 Corinthians 13