Poem of Laodicea

To Laodicea write this
The words of the faithful witness
The Amen who made everything
Who was there in the beginning

I know your works, not cold or hot
But sadly cold or hot you're not
So because you are just lukewarm
You'll soon be spat out, I'll inform

You say I'm rich in everything
Increased with goods; I need nothing
Wretched, and miserable, and poor
And you're blind and naked for sure

I advise you buy gold from me
Purified by fire, that's the key
Then you'll be rich, buy white attire
Anoint your eyes to see entire

I correct and punish those I love
Zealously turn to things above
See, I stand at the door and knock
So, open up, your ears unblock

I'll come in and we'll share dinner
To the victor and the winner
Is a space to sit on my throne
As on My Father's throne I'm shown

To anyone who has an ear
What the Spirit says, let him hear
To the churches He does proclaim
Let it be said, we overcame