Psalm 3 How Many are My Foes

A song of David on the run
A coup by Absalom his son

O Lord, how many are my foes
Who rise against me to oppose
Many people want me to sink
"God won't rescue him!" Stop and think

O Lord for me you are a shield
You Lift my head, my honor sealed
I cry to the Lord with my voice
He heard from Zion. Pause, rejoice!

I lay down and then slept carefree
I woke for the Lord protects me
I don't fear ten thousand haters
Though they're evil perpetrators

Save me my God, Arise O Lord
My enemies are untoward
You break their teeth and smite their cheek
Compared to You they are so weak

Salvation belongs to the Lord
Bless your people! Pause, be restored!

Postlude (Matthew 9:10-13)

Jesus sat and ate with sinners
To turn losers into winners
He didn’t come to call the good
But help sinners do what they should