Psalm 5 Hear me Pray Lord

David’s Psalm for choral pursuit
To be accompanied by flute

Hear me pray Lord, to you I cry
My meditation as I sigh
I choose you as my God and King
This prayer to you alone I bring

O Lord, I pray in the morning
I look to you at day’s dawning
You find no thrill in wickedness
You do not welcome sinfulness

Before you boasting will not stand
Nor evil in your holy land
You will destroy the source of lies
Deceit and bloodshed you despise

I enter your house by your love
And bow to your Temple above
Among my enemies lead me
Make the way plain for me to see

Not a word from their mouth is true
Destruction is all that they view
Their words have the stench of a grave
And flattery is what they crave

God they are guilty one and all
By their evil counsel they fall
Drive them out, we don’t want their crimes
They’ve made trouble too many times

Let all who take refuge in you
Shout for joy, for you see us through
You bless the righteous all around
With a shield of love you surround

Postlude (Matthew 6:9-13)

Father in heaven, you’re the one
Who’s Name we give acclamation
We pray that your kingdom will come
That here on earth your will be done

That you fulfill our daily needs
And forgive us our sinful deeds
As we forgive sins against us
And keep us from enticing lust
Deliver us from the evil one
For yours is the kingdom. Amen