I Went to Church and Found Imperfect People There

The Perfectly Imperfect Church: Redefining the "Ideal" Church
The
Perfectly
Imperfect
Church
C                               G7                   C            G7
I went to church and found imperfect people there
C                     G7                      C      G7
I saw so many faults that I could only stare
F                                  Am                          F        Am
And then the preacher stood and I squirmed in my chair
F                              Am                         G7    C
He spoke of sins and I was caught quite unaware
                    C                             G7
Chorus: I've looked around, And haven't found
            C                           G7
The perfect church, In any town

C                  G7               C         G7
It was as if I was the only person there
C                             G7                    C       G7
And God was telling me that he does really care
F                               Am                      F        Am
And all my sins were known to him, he was aware
F                            Am             G7        C
And as I thought of all my sins I just sat there

(Chorus)

When The Perfect Comes: The Real Challenge To The Imperfect Church
Challenge to
the Imperfect Church
C                        G7                   C       G7
Then I no longer saw the sins of others there
C                                 G7                       C         G7
'Cause what I knew of their faults just did not compare
F                             Am                           F          Am
To all the wrong I'd even thought which was laid bare
F                        Am            G7      C
I am the biggest sinner here I do declare

(Chorus)

C                          G7                  C        G7
I go to church and find imperfect people there
C                                  G7                    C       G7
And thank God for his grace and for his loving care
F                                     Am                  F        Am
'Cause he provides what none of us can bring to bear
F                            Am                  G7         C
Forgiveness and salvation that's beyond compare


(Chorus)